Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A home I should probably aknowledge for who I am

I always call Sydney my home despite not being born there and I always say I grew up there because in theory I did between the ages of 3-13 (almost 14). But then I think about the growing up I have done or at the very least getting older & my life experience. But when I think back most of this has been in the last 3 & 1/2 years that I have spent in Brisbane (since the beginning of '06. The year I spent in Newport - '05 was the biggest waste and probably the worst year even though I did meet some great people).

In the last three years I have gone through more emotions and identity sculpting situations than the rest of my life. I've met these amazing people that have opened my world to all these amazing things - different places, cultures (food, yum!), different art forms be they fine or performing arts. Of course there were the typical experiences associated with youths - parties, relationship - problems predominately, independence, exploring, experimenting with an array of contexts, sharing love with peers, so on and so forth.

But finally I am finding my niche. In this city I love to loathe. I am finding my niche. I am finding it in Brisbane. Go figure.

until next time,
much love xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment