Thursday, July 23, 2009

In that moment, I swear we were infinite

I thought it was about time I blogged again well mostly I felt like writing a diary entry so I figured I should blog it. My life is full of goodbyes (or see ya laters) which never appear to get easier and even though I get one more day with one of my best friends (he's from the states here on holidays) when he returns from the coast before his flight back home part of me already knows he is gone, two years of separation we have remained friends and I don't doubt we will keep it up again but it doesn't hurt any less that is for sure.

Anyway I thought I would share with you the mix tape tracks I put together for him, some sentimental, some make me happy, some are rediculous, some he had recomended me and some I had recomended him. All in all one of the best moments and one of my happiest in awhile was hanging out at one of my friends places and there was four of us, my American bffl included and we sung along to most of the songs, I can't sing at all but it was the best feeling sharing those songs and those lyrics. I guess you just had to be there.


1. Crooked Teeth - Death Cab For Cutie
2. Caring is Creepy - The Shins
3. Postcard - An Horse
4. In the Aeroplane over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel
5. Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show
6. Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead
7. Our Own Way - Sparkadia
8. Your Ex-Lover is Dead - Stars
9. Seize the Day - Wax Tailor
10. Hear me out - Frou Frou
11. Bittersweet Symphony - (cover) Coldplay ft Richard Ashcroft
12. Dance, dance, dance - Lykke Li
13. What am I supposed to be doing? - The Bedroom Philosopher
14. Strange Overtones - David Byrne & Brian Eno
15. It's A Fact (Printed Stained) - Matt & Kim
16. Flippers - Art vs Science
17. Walking on a Dream - Empire of the Sun
18. Breathe - Telepopmusik
19. I'm so postmodern - The Bedroom Philosopher
20. Ever fallen in love (with someone you shouldn't've) - Buzzcocks
21. Everybody's got the same insecurities as you - The Bedroom Philosopher
22. Why can't I be you? - The Cure
23. Blue Orchid - The White Stripes
24. Music is my hot, hot sex - CSS
25. Everything that happens - David Byrne & Brian Eno
26. The district sleeps alone tonight - The Postal Service
27. World Spins Madly On - The Weepies
28. Life is long - David Byrne & Brian Eno
29. The Heart Song - The Bedroom Philosopher
30. Just a boy - Angus & Julia Stone
31. A Lack of Colour - Death Cab for Cutie


okay so very long list and it fills two tapes but they all deserve their place there.
so I hope you enjoy them as much as I do should you ever listen to them.
my inital quote I borrowed from the novel said American friend brought me here called The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and I'd like to think that how Charlie felt in that moment was much like the moment I shared with my friends singing along to those songs...
"In that moment, I swear we were infinite"
That we were.



until next time,
much love xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know them. I felt like I was missing out, a failure as a friend. ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex how could you, this entry makes me tear up! But here is to some sort of everyday magic, and to friendship. (:
    xo

    ReplyDelete